Unfortunately, nobody won this week’s Trivia Contest sponsored by Gary Yamamoto’s Custom Baits. For more about this week’s correct answers, read below.
When you think of Bassmaster tournament events, January isn’t necessarily the first month that comes to mind. While schedules have varied over the years, the winter has usually been considered kind of an off-season. As it turns out, there have been more than 2 dozen professional level events held by B.A.S.S. over the years that at least had one or more event days falling during some part of the month. Not surprisingly, nearly all of them were held in Florida. To win this week’s trivia contest, sponsored by Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits, you’ll have to brush up a bit on your January tourney knowledge and answer the following four questions correctly.
1. There were only two B.A.S.S. January events not held in Florida. Name the two events and their locations/year.
Despite visiting the Sunshine State so many times during the month of January, you might be surprised to know that there have only ever been two repeat winners over more than 45 years of event history.
2. Name the only 2 time winner of January Florida B.A.S.S. events.
3. Name the only 3 time winner of January Florida B.A.S.S. events.
4. What is amiss about the old Florida Invitational tourney patch in regards to this post?
Answers and winner will be announced Thursday.
- While most all B.A.S.S. January tournaments have been held in Florida, the 1970 Toledo Bend Invitational (won by Mike Bono) and the 1998 Arizona Invitational (won by Mike Baldwin) were the two exceptions.
- Native Floridian Shaw Grigsby is the only two time winner, capturing Invitational titles in 1999 (St. Johns R.) and again in 2000 (Lake Toho).
- Another Florida native, though moving to Alabama in 2009, Chris Lane is the only three time January Florida winner, capturing Southern Open titles in 2006, 2010, and 2012.
- Lastly, while this week’s contest was about January Bassmaster events, the patch in the picture depicts the 1991 Florida Invitational held on the St. Johns River. That event, however, was actually held in February.
Try again next Monday when we have another chance for you to win.